Thanksgiving is a busy time of the year! As you are checking off shopping lists, cooking lists and cleaning lists take time to visit our checklist to help keep your pets happy and healthy this Thanksgiving!
1. Make sure microchip information and ID tags have current information. This is crucial in the event a pet would slip out when guests are coming and going from a busy house.
2. Give pets a quiet, comfortable, safe place to retreat. Company in the house can be stressful and overwhelming to our pets. Give them a calm place away from the hustle and bustle to relax. If pets seem extremely anxious consider talking to our staff about a Thundershirt or other items that may help keep pets more comfortable this holiday season.
3. Make sure to place food items and trash in a secure place to avoid counter surfing and garbage eating. The food is irresistible to us and your pets so keep them safe by keeping it out of their reach!
4. Stop by the pet store or fill your pets favorite puzzle toy, provide them with novel exciting things to do while guests are over. This will keep them quiet, calm and happy while company is in the house.
5. Do not leave pets outside for extended periods of time in the cold. If they must be outside, be sure they have access to fresh/unfrozen water at all times!
We hope you find these tips helpful, if you have any questions about the following points please feel free to contact the office.
We are thankful for our doctors, staff, patients and clients this holiday season! We wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Stow Kent Animal Hospital